“finds on Fridays” is a weekly project where I share links to various things that have grabbed my attention during the week. My hope is that you will find the odd gem for yourself amongst the things I find thought provoking.
This week’s finds…
1. The Rescued Film Project – Over 70 years ago, an American WWII soldier filled 31 rolls of film with pictures. The film was never developed. In 2014, The Rescued Film Project recovered all 31 rolls.
2. Photographer Tony Luciani creates rehabilitative portraits of his elderley mother.
3. A Time article titled, The Next Revolution in Photography is coming.
4. 100 cameras were given to the homeless in London. Here’s what they captured.
5. The 4 phases of developing your creative voice.
6. The latest holiday accessory is a professional photographer. Good grief!
1. A pre-school opened inside a nursing home. What can the very young and the very old offer each other, if given the chance?
2. The Little League World Series is on right now. Last year Rhode Island Little League coach Dave Belisle delivered a meaningful speech to his players after their loss.
3. A short lesson in perspective. Does your life pass The Overnight Test?
4. This video, Baz Luhrmann’s Everybody’s Free To Wear Sunscreen, came up in conversation this week.
5. Do you think profound things in the shower? I don’t know if this list is 20 of the MOST profound things people thought of in the the shower but it is a pretty amusing list.